CORONAVIRUS – COVID-19
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
August 2, 2021
What is the new Secretary of Defense Mask Requirement?
· Effective July 28, 2021, employees must wear a mask or cloth face covering over their mouth, nose and chin at all times while on the installation except in the following situations:
o While in a POV alone
o While alone in an office with floor-to-ceiling walls and the door closed
o While eating/drinking in a properly socially distanced space
o While outside, if more than 50 feet away from a building.
o If the face covering must be lowered briefly for identification or security purposes
Has the temperature screening guidance changed for vaccinated and unvaccinated?
If you are Fully Vaccinated: Moderna/Pfizer second shot + 2 weeks or J&J + 2 weeks:
· No screening/temperature taking. Continue to drive through the designated temperature taking station/location.
If you are Not Vaccinated:
· Screening and temperature taken required. Continue to drive through the designated temperature taking station/location.
How will I know whether or not to wear a mask?
· Gate entrances will display MASK REQUIRED FOR ALL or MASK REQUIRED FOR UNVACCINATED.
· Vaccinated employees can unmask when the community level is at Moderate or Low. Entrance sign will be updated when the community levels change.
· County levels can be viewed at:
Are there still COVID vaccine shots available?
· Please contact Stacie Scully, 319-753-7711, if you want to participate in the Johnson & Johnson clinic from Des Moines County on Tuesday, August 3rd .
· You can also visit to find a location near you that is administer these.
· Per the CDC “Infections happen in only a small proportion of people who are fully vaccinated, even with the Delta variant. When these infections occur among vaccinated people, they tend to be mild.”
The above procedures will be applied at both the Iowa and Milan locations.